Tableau – Design Flow
As we know Tableau is used to examine complex data so it requires careful planning to make an effective dashboard. A good Dashboard helps the user to analyze data reports and produce an error-free and accurate output. In order to reach this user have to follow these steps which are mentioned below:
- Connecting to Source Data
- Build Data Views
- Elevate the Views
- Create Worksheets
- Create and Manage dashboard
- Create a Story
1. Connecting to Source Data: Tableau can connect to all sorts of databases such as relational databases, SQL databases, Simple text files, or even cloud databases. It can cover all types of source data.
2. Build Data Views: In this step, the user can create a view which is also known as reports by scanning data and worksheets available in the tableau. Drag and drop facility is used to create an effective and efficient view.
3. Elevate the Views: This phase further improves the quality of views by applying Aggregations, Filters, an arrangement of colors and borders, classifying of axes, etc.
4. Create Worksheets: It helps us to make different kinds of worksheets that provide different views on data. These views are an important part of the tableau to examine the process in order to make good reports.
5. Create and Manage dashboard: This section is used to manage and organize various types of Reports, Worksheets, linked URLs, Story present in the dashboard which later helps the user to make an analysis report quickly and the output produced is also according to input.
6. Create Story: It is used to create various types of stories on the dashboard. A story is a series of a sheet on the dashboard to fetch useful information. The story helps us to make a good and accurate decision which helps the user to generate a required result.